Empty

glasses on the counter, on the shelves
in the sink, and in my heart up side down

drowning, please do not swallow me
i never want to be full again, let
me be empty, empty, with nothing
to give again, and again

i have nothing in these hands to give,
i have worked for nothing, all i have
is yours to take, i made none of this

breaths in and out, slowly with whom
it may concern, with whom is in the
room, with whom will take my charge
elsewhere, anywhere, away

starving for stark light, starving
for darkness in corners, that i do
not know yet in this mind, i want
to see it, i want to know, how far
i can reach inside this, where is
my heart, can i find it... can

i find it, and please tell me
its silent, can not ask for
answers to questions anymore
today, have i lost my patience,
in being still, instead of
running.